Health Science Education Promotion
and Health Care Industry Work-based Learning Initiative
The Health Science CTE and Health Care Industry Work-based Learning Initiative is an initiative of Partnerships for Innovation designed to promote Health Science Education in Nebraska middle, high school, and college and to assist in creating health care industry talent pipelines by engaging students in meaningful job shadow and internship work-based learning experiences. Project objectives are:
- Promote Health Science Career and Technical Education in Nebraska middle, high school, and college.
- Promote certifications such as Nurse Aide and Medication Aide to promote employability of students and adults.
- Develop a Health Science Work-based Learning Guide for Employers and a Work-based Learning Guide for Educators. The guides will:
- Explain the purpose and benefits of work-based learning.
- Provide the steps for implementation.
- Provide strategies to assist students in planning for careers in the health care industry.
- Develop a handbook of Work-based Learning Forms and Templates for use in planning and conducting job shadow and internship work-based learning experiences.
- Secure endorsements from Health Care Industry associations and leaders for health science education and expansion of work-based learning opportunities for students.
- Conduct stakeholder engagement meetings across the state to engage health care employers and local educators in creating partnerships for health science education and implementation of work-based learning opportunities.
Work Based Learning Guides and Materials:
Employer Resource Toolkit
Educator Resource Toolkit
Health Sciences Work Based Learning Forms
If you would like access to these materials and guides, please email Retha Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org