CTE Student Engagement Workshop: July 2019 - Dec. 2019
Engaging students in career and technical education today builds transferable skills into college and beyond. The goal of the CTE Student Engagement workshop is to provide educators teaching in career and technical education tools and resources to enhance active learning and engagement in each and every class. The one-day, FREE workshop will provide participants new teaching strategies that are easily implemented in their classrooms.
1. Learn new teaching and learning strategies to enhance engagement in and outside of the classroom.
2. Receive six interactive learning modules to utilize for future learning and share with peers.
3. Explore the engaged learning framework to support college readiness characteristics.
4. Understand how to modify a teaching tool to CTE content area.
5. Receive 100 online student engagement tools to enhance online learning. In addition to the FREE workshop, schools who send multiple educators to the workshop will select from an engaged learning shopping cart to bring back grant funded active learning classroom equipment for their schools.